Several organizations and individuals contributed to the development of this guide as members of the core research team, development sites, pilot testers, or advisors.
Core Research Organizations (and Participants)
- RAND Corporation (Spencer S. Jones, Ph.D., Ross Koppel, Ph.D., M. Susan Ridgely, J.D., and Shinyi Wu, Ph.D.)
- The AHIMA Foundation (Mary Madison, M.P.A., Nadine Caputo, M.S.)
- Kaiser Permanente of Colorado (Ted E. Palen, Ph.D., M.D., M.S.P.H., F.A.C.P.)
AHRQ Project Officer
- Michael I. Harrison, Ph.D.
Sr. Social Scientist, Organizations and Systems
Center for Delivery, Organization, and Markets
Development Sites (and Participants)
- Facey Medical Foundation, Mission Hills, California (Bill Gil, M.B.A.)
- Mt. Sinai Medical Center*, New York, New York (Joseph Kannry, M.D., and Kristen Myers)
- New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene*, New York, New York (Amanda Parsons, M.D., and Mytri Singh)
- Holy Spirit Hospital*, Camp Hill, Pennsylvania (Richard Schreiber, M.D., F.A.C.P.)
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia*, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Robert Grundmeier, M.D., and Dean Karavite)
*served as both development site and pilot tester
Pilot Test Sites (and Participants)
- Iowa Foundation for Medical Care, West Des Moines, Iowa (Sarah Cottington, M.H.A., R.H.I.T., C.P.H.Q.)
- Henry County Health Center, Mount Pleasant, Iowa (Stephen M. Stewart M.B.A., F.A.C.H.E., C.P.H.I.M.S., C.H.C.I.O.)
- Joint Commission Resources, Oak Brook, Illinois (Jeannell Jeannell Mansur, R.Ph., Pharm.D., F.A.S.H.P.)
- Health Information Technologies Research Laboratory, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia (Jon Patrick, Ph.D.)
- Robert B. Elson, M.D., M.S.
Past President, Clinical Systems Design, L.L.C.
- William F. Jessee, M.D.
President and CEO, Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) Center for Research
- H. Stephen Lieber, C.A.E.
President and CEO, Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)
- David C. Kibbe, M.D., M.B.A.
Senior Advisor, American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- David A. Kreda
- Christine A. Sinsky, M.D.
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Associates Clinic and Health Plans
Suggested citation format: S.S. Jones, R. Koppel, M.S. Ridgely, T.E. Palen, S. Wu, and M.I. Harrison. Guide to Reducing Unintended Consequences of Electronic Health Records Prepared by RAND Corporation under Contract No. HHSA290200600017I, Task Order #5. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). Rockville, MD. August, 2011.